Monday, February 28, 2011

Loving what's Left...

I made a bunch of fantastic salads over the weekend, and this morning, I am left with a collection of tasty dressings taking up valuable room in my fridge. As an alternative to enjoying the same salad again, I opted to spirialize some zucchini and indulge in something exciting and new!
It takes no time at all (I recommend the Benriner Cook Help, available through Amazon.com) and any vegetable will do (carrots, beets, daikon radish, squash). I often mix several vegetables in the same dish -- what colour!

Spirilizing fruits and veggies is a great way to sneak valuable nutrients into your child's body.


Today's Special:

2 cups cashews, soaked
1 1/2 cups water
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

I love to top creamy white dressings with tomatoes, dulse, and/or fresh cut herbs.

For a healthy lunch on the go, wrap your creation in a large collard leaf and you're out the door!








No comments: