Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Katie's Whale of a Kale Salad

Kale is a nutritional powerhouse. And when I eat this salad, I feel like gold!

Ingredients:

1 bunch organic kale, washed and chopped finely
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 ripe avocado
juice of 1/2 lemon
8 to 10 cherry tomatoes, diced
3 scallions, chopped finely
2-3 tablespoons goji berries, cranberries or raisins
Love

Top with slivered almonds or white sesame seeds

Directions: Wash and chop kale and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Massage the kale greens until they become slightly tender. Scoop in avocado and massage it into the mix. Add lemon juice, tomatoes, scallions and dried berries of choice. Garnish as desired.

I am so happy that I love this salad. For years, I struggled to tolerate kale in almost all of it's many forms: kale chips, kale juice, kale in smoothies, etc.

Alas, I have found a winner!


1 comment:

Johanna said...

Yum! These recipes have me excited again for healthy food. Thanks Katie xox